>> Tuesday, December 20, 2011
The different woodworking machinery tools and its advantages
Woodworking has gone a long way from the ages of manual labor to the use of hi- tech tools and equipments used now to deliver quality products to consumers in a short amount of time compared to when everything was done manually.
Different woodworking machineries used for carving, cutting, molding, shaping, sanding, and sawing wood are now available and are being used by the woodworking industry since it makes the job easier as it almost eliminates manual labor.
The use of woodworking machinery like cnc router brings a lot of advantages to the woodworking industry:
1. Reduce the work of operators and cut down the needed workers. Since the machines do most of the processes in woodworking, work of operators has been significantly reduced. In manual labor, one worker should man each machine to manually perform the process. With woodworking machines, the operators just need to monitor the processes done by the machine so they can manage multiple machines at the same time.
2. Increase production. Woodworking machines can perform the process faster than manual labor, thereby increasing the production of the plant.
3. Lessens noise pollution. The different woodworking machines have been designed to work with less vibration and noise, thereby decreasing the noise pollution.
4. Produce a much more quality product. Since woodworking machines have been designed to allow precise cutting, carving, sanding, molding and shaping of wood, it produce a much smoother wood surface.
There are many different woodworking machinery and tools available that can be use in the woodworking industry. Here are a few of them:
1. CNC router. CNC stands for Computer Numerically Controlled that includes equipment that works using a software application that contains special instructions to direct motor movement for creating the woodworking design. CNC router is one example of CNC equipment where the software and operating system control the sanding, trimming and drilling of the wood.
2. Edgebander. The edgebander is a type of woodworking machine that is used to produce veneer, a thin strip of wood that is used mostly as accent to various woodworking products to create a more attractive surface. An example of veneer applications is the thin strips of wood used to cover the exterior of a cabinet drawer to add elegance to the finish of the furniture.
3. Panel saw. This woodworking tool is use for cutting flat items like wood panels.
4. Moulders. A moulder is also called a wood shaper, because as the name implies, is a woodworking machine that have profiled cutters use to shape wood.
It is a good idea to invest in good quality woodworking machines be it new or used equipment, as it greatly improves production and quality of woodworking products. The woodworking industry can enjoy the benefit that these woodworking equipment offers as they can ensure precise and high quality wood working products by using these woodworking machines.
About the Author:
Aggie Aviso is a freelance consumer and business writer, writing comprehensive reviews, articles and how-to's.